The Rebuild

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
16 Nov 2023 08:08
Wasn't the 2011 defense largely the exact same as the 2010 defense for the exception of no Cullen Jenkins? Nick Collins was also hurt in 2011 but 2010 also saw an enormous amount of injuries.

Sometimes you just lose. The Packers did the "offense model" from 2011 - 2014 and have 0 rings to show for it. We only won it when the defense showed up big in the postseason. And we even had years where the defense showed up big and still lost.

Most of the time you just lose. I have said it multiple times that 2010 was probably the 3rd or 4th best team after 1997 and yet funnily enough is the year we won it.
Often the "best" team doesn't win in any sport. The team that gets hot in the post season can win it all. Did anyone think the 2 rings the Gmen won with Eli they were the "best" team going into the playoffs?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
16 Nov 2023 11:29
Yoop wrote:
16 Nov 2023 10:59
Labrev wrote:
16 Nov 2023 10:44
RAS is where it's AT! 8-) :mrgreen: :aok: :banana: :beer2:
horse manure :lol: , nothing takes the place for a eye for talent, from a great scout, if all that mattered was ras scores there would be no need to employ scouts :idn: all that would be needed is data tabulators :rotf:, instead of general managers, you could just incorporate AI, the pressers would consist of a talking Robot :hide:
Scouts serve certain purposes which can't be substituted with RAS but at the end of the day, there is a minimum athletic threshold needed to be an NFL player at all that every prospect has to meet to even have a chance to stay on a roster and see the field, much less be any good.

There are no sub-par athletes among the elite NFL players, they are all physical freaks.
lets reword that, there are no sub par athletes among pro players, adding elite to that sentence is wrong, no one gets to to a NFL franchise if there a sub par athlete, none, the elite are few and far between compared to average NFL starters.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
16 Nov 2023 08:08
the problem with the defense is draft philosophy.

The guys that were dogs in college are still dogs in the NFL: Basically guys like Jaire and even Quay.

But for years the packers have drafted raw talent that they project to be able to develop. These are guys that even though they had crazy amounts of talent, they STILL under produced in college. Gary is a good example.

I got news for you, if you werent a dog in college, you aint gonna be a dog in the NFL.

We got too many guys with premiere measurables who arent football players.
But how many times were we drafting near the end of each round? There can be a big drop off between a top 5 pick and those taken after #20

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

What we really need for draft analysis is a clear and definite Dog / Not dog -list.

We then could just do simple math of Dog + RAS = bestest prospect.

Unfortunately, when I tried to google "Dogs of 2023 draft", the result was this: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2023/04/daniel ... -nfl-draft

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

safe to say anyone who doesnt understand the importance of being a dog on the field, is not a dog.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Drj820 wrote:
16 Nov 2023 15:34
safe to say anyone who doesnt understand the importance of being a dog on the field, is not a dog.
Well, since you are our resident Anubis, I'll be looking forward to your comprehensive Dog / Not dog list come draft time. Thanks in advance!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
16 Nov 2023 12:28
Labrev wrote:
16 Nov 2023 11:29
Yoop wrote:
16 Nov 2023 10:59

horse manure :lol: , nothing takes the place for a eye for talent, from a great scout, if all that mattered was ras scores there would be no need to employ scouts :idn: all that would be needed is data tabulators :rotf:, instead of general managers, you could just incorporate AI, the pressers would consist of a talking Robot :hide:
Scouts serve certain purposes which can't be substituted with RAS but at the end of the day, there is a minimum athletic threshold needed to be an NFL player at all that every prospect has to meet to even have a chance to stay on a roster and see the field, much less be any good.

There are no sub-par athletes among the elite NFL players, they are all physical freaks.
lets reword that, there are no sub par athletes among pro players, adding elite to that sentence is wrong, no one gets to to a NFL franchise if there a sub par athlete, none, the elite are few and far between compared to average NFL starters.
Herb Adderley and Willie Wood were elite. As were Reggie and Leroy, and Charles Woodson. No 2023 Packers are elite this year.

Gbfanflorida
Reactions:

Post by Gbfanflorida »

CWIMM wrote:
14 Nov 2023 06:54
musclestang wrote:
13 Nov 2023 08:47
i'm fine with the players and the work of the GM as a whole.
In my opinion there are two main issues with the team right now. Gutekunst has done a good job of putting together a talented defense but Barry isn't capable of getting them to perform up to potential. Therefore the Packers should hire another defensive coordinator entering next season.

Unfortunately the GM hasn't come close to doing as well on the offensive side of the ball. As I have mentioned repeatedly if Love doesn't work out that should be enough for Gutekunst to be fired.
bud fox wrote:
13 Nov 2023 20:19
Packers currently have a record of 3-6 with the easiest schedule in the NFL.
The Packers opponents so far this season have a combined winning percentage of .500. There are 13 teams which have had an easier schedule so far.

Glad to see Wimm stopped posting

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Gbfanflorida wrote:
07 Jan 2024 21:17
CWIMM wrote:
14 Nov 2023 06:54
musclestang wrote:
13 Nov 2023 08:47
i'm fine with the players and the work of the GM as a whole.
In my opinion there are two main issues with the team right now. Gutekunst has done a good job of putting together a talented defense but Barry isn't capable of getting them to perform up to potential. Therefore the Packers should hire another defensive coordinator entering next season.

Unfortunately the GM hasn't come close to doing as well on the offensive side of the ball. As I have mentioned repeatedly if Love doesn't work out that should be enough for Gutekunst to be fired.
bud fox wrote:
13 Nov 2023 20:19
Packers currently have a record of 3-6 with the easiest schedule in the NFL.
The Packers opponents so far this season have a combined winning percentage of .500. There are 13 teams which have had an easier schedule so far.

Glad to see Wimm stopped posting
Not me. I appreciate varied opinions and respectful dialog. The more the merrier.

Welcome to the forum.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Someone joined and read enough posts by someone in a day, noticed he stopped posting, and had such an issue with it they decided to make THAT their first post. Thanks for the contribution?

I hope he comes back.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Getting Wicks, Brooks and Valentine in rounds 5-7, was absolute larceny.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lake shark wrote:
08 Jan 2024 14:18
Getting Wicks, Brooks and Valentine in rounds 5-7, was absolute larceny.
Very well may end up being the best Day 3 Packers draft in my lifetime.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.