Rams @ Packers - NFCD Playoff GDT - 1/16 - 3:35 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Sure is a lot of reasons on paper to like our chances this weekend.

Although all comes back, punch first, punch back and punch harder. Kick their asses all day long.

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

BF004 wrote:
11 Jan 2021 13:48

Although all comes back, punch first, punch back and punch harder. Kick their asses all day long.
Exactly - I hope we see the heavy defensive fronts that we ran against SF/TEN this year. Just like Belichick did in the SB - get physical and dare Goff to beat us and watch him pee his pants.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
11 Jan 2021 13:47
Yeah, that's why I'm not getting all hyped up on the "#1 defense in the league" angle. When they've played good QB's this year, they've looked like an average defense.
I disagree with that. Josh Allen is the only quarterback who really did anything on their defense.

I think what's more telling is their offense is dependent on their defense holding opponents under 20 or else they don't win.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
11 Jan 2021 13:50
BF004 wrote:
11 Jan 2021 13:48

Exactly - I hope we see the heavy defensive fronts that we ran against SF/TEN this year. Just like Belichick did in the SB - get physical and dare Goff to beat us and watch him pee his pants.
Trust the back end! Get in Akers and Goff's face every play!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
11 Jan 2021 14:13
kyle.mccarroll wrote:
Yeah, that's why I'm not getting all hyped up on the "#1 defense in the league" angle. When they've played good QB's this year, they've looked like an average defense.
I disagree with that. Josh Allen is the only quarterback who really did anything on their defense.

I think what's more telling is their offense is dependent on their defense holding opponents under 20 or else they don't win.
Garoppolo did as well.
Prescott wasn't bad.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

go pak go wrote:
kyle.mccarroll wrote:

Well, here's the offensive rankings (in PPG) of their opponents this year:

17th
26th
2nd (gave up 35)
31st
25th
21st
22nd
15th (gave up 28)
8th (gave up 16 and 20)
3rd (gave up 24)
13th (gave up 28 and 7 with no Kyler)
27th
32nd

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Jan 2021 14:28
go pak go wrote:
kyle.mccarroll wrote:

Garoppolo did as well.
Prescott wasn't bad.
Still held the Cowboys to 17 points and 9ers to 24 points.

Not a bad day at the office.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think we can try and convince ourselves until we are blue in the face that this defense is not as dominant as they would seem.

I don't think that really matters. Their defense is legit. They do the job and I would definitely say their's is better than ours. Are they an historically good defense? No. Are they to the level that SF was last year? I don't think they are.

But they are still a quality defense and honestly are really the only reason this team is in the playoffs, let alone the divisional round.

I am confident if our offense can get us 24 points....we should expect to win. As long as the offense or STs doesn't give the Rams bonus points.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
11 Jan 2021 15:00
Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Garoppolo did as well.
Prescott wasn't bad.

For sure, but you specifically said only Allen really did anything, which is not the truth.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Jan 2021 15:03
go pak go wrote:
11 Jan 2021 15:00
Pckfn23 wrote:

Garoppolo did as well.
Prescott wasn't bad.

For sure, but you specifically said only Allen really did anything, which is not the truth.
Yeah I was very high level in my analysis (only looked at points scored)
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
11 Jan 2021 15:02
I think we can try and convince ourselves until we are blue in the face that this defense is not as dominant as they would seem.

I don't think that really matters. Their defense is legit. They do the job and I would definitely say their's is better than ours. Are they an historically good defense? No. Are they to the level that SF was last year? I don't think they are.

But they are still a quality defense and honestly are really the only reason this team is in the playoffs, let alone the divisional round.

I am confident if our offense can get us 24 points....we should expect to win. As long as the offense or STs doesn't give the Rams bonus points.
I think everyone here agrees that their defense is good, top 10 for sure.

I don't think everyone agrees that our offense can definitely have success against this defense.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Jan 2021 15:23
go pak go wrote:
11 Jan 2021 15:02

I think everyone here agrees that their defense is good, top 10 for sure.

I don't think everyone agrees that our offense can definitely have success against this defense.
Depends on how you define success. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we put up north of 35 on these guys. We did it to other great defenses like the Saints and Bears. We also put up 30 or more over the Colts Eagles.

We have shown we can put up a lot of production against top 10 defenses.

But this Rams team also has shown it is tough to get beyond that 20 point threshold. When their opponent does...it usually leads to a Rams loss. Do I expect us to put up 35 on these guys? No. I will give this defense the respect they deserve at this point. But I do hope we can shoot for that 24 to 27 point area and let our defense do the rest.

I have said this before but I feel our key is we just need one of Rodgers, Adams or Jones to take off. I like my chances that one of those 3 will have a game on Saturday.
Yoop wrote:

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

BSA wrote:
11 Jan 2021 13:39
NCF wrote:
11 Jan 2021 13:24
Played the AFCE and went 1-3, only managing to beat the Patriots.
Their most recent road trip to a cold weather locale was a battle with the NYJets in December...and they lost

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 200ram.htm
That game was in LA

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

mnpackerbacker wrote:
11 Jan 2021 16:07
BSA wrote:
11 Jan 2021 13:39
NCF wrote:
11 Jan 2021 13:24
Played the AFCE and went 1-3, only managing to beat the Patriots.
Their most recent road trip to a cold weather locale was a battle with the NYJets in December...and they lost

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 200ram.htm
That game was in LA
Oh, yeah, that's right. It is was 39 in Seattle at kick-off on Saturday, so another 15 degrees off that should feel pretty cold to them.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think they dont score more than 20 as long as we dont gift them points or terrific field positioning through turnovers. I think this is a domination game for us. 2-3 score differential. Their offense cant score. Either QB is gonna stink it up. We are gonna shut down their run with Snacks and Clark and theyll have to throw it on 3rd downs where they just wont have the ability against our pass rush and secondary.

I also think we will get the benefit calls from refs because the NFL wants Rodgers vs Brady/Brees. Theres more appeal there. I believe in the NFL fixes games to a certain extent.

Ill say 30-17 Packers. 7 points come in garbage time. We're gonna clap cheeks.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
10 Jan 2021 22:07
Easy clap. No special teams mistakes and we come out of this one with a controlling win.
No other offensive or defensive mistakes either ..... such as missed assignments, fumbles, offsides, neutral zone infractions, false starts, kickoffs out of bounds, offensive lineman too far downfield on a screen pass/short pass, hooking a receiver, getting caught doing a pick, missed extra point, basic falling down for no reason. And on and on any on.

Just win the turnover battle........keep the LA QB uncomfortable. Double team Aaron Donald if necessary. Quick passes. Also let Aaron Rodgers win a few battles with his feet. Time for #89 Marcedes Lewis to come through again.......not just blocking but also including surprise receptions. Let Dillon pound the ball. Don't let the Rams interior defensive line pressure the middle.

Packers should win handily. Offense has too many weapons and the Packers defense is good enough now.

So much fun for Bogey I bet.

The 2nd game on Saturday is Bills vs. Ravens ........ that should be a good one as well. Particularly after a Packers victory.

GO PACKERS!!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Ew.

Read More. Post Less.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I like the old cliche that "defense wins championships." Maybe our most modern football has tossed that from the lexicon in recent years. But I think it's only changed phases.

Instead of winning the LOS on every snap (old school), the D has to make more big plays than it gives up (new school). On that level, the Rams have Ramsey and Donald. We have Z, Clark, and ?

I want our Safeties to make some game changing plays. If they do, they take a big step forward and help the D become what it needs to be.

Even at home in the cold, we need to steal a couple of turnovers and not give them up. WIN the turnover battle.

I think that our WRs will do fine, even against Ramsey. Adams has taken his game to another new level this year. He might be reduced by Ramsey, but not eliminated.

Like some have said, get our running game going and you're setting up the pass. We've had a solid OLine this year. I think that'll continue.

What could be fun for once, is a low-scoring defensive debacle where there's a war on every play. And we win 10-9. Yeah, it'd be grueling to watch. But it'd also say something about our questionable defense.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
12 Jan 2021 08:18
Ew.

2014 season opener against Richard Sherman Davante's rookie year. Ditto for the playoff game if they were counting that.

I believe Charles Tillman was in 2015, so there is two games and we won one

Kyler Fuller in 2018, two losses

Xavier Rhodes in 2017, we won one, lost one.

So that is 7 games, I count two wins.

I am guessing either a CB or Davante or Aaron missed one of those games and I'm missing another game somewhere. Too lazy to go each game.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
12 Jan 2021 08:45
NCF wrote:
12 Jan 2021 08:18
Ew.

2014 season opener against Richard Sherman Davante's rookie year. Ditto for the playoff game if they were counting that.

I believe Charles Tillman was in 2015, so there is two games and we won one

Kyler Fuller in 2018, two losses

Xavier Rhodes in 2017, we won one, lost one.

So that is 7 games, I count two wins.

I am guessing either a CB or Davante or Aaron missed one of those games and I'm missing another game somewhere. Too lazy to go each game.
Yep, context helps.

Read More. Post Less.