2020 NFL Draft predictions

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
23 Apr 2020 23:07
go pak go wrote:
16 Apr 2020 11:17
Yoop will be pissed.
I win the contest.
wow, was that your goal, did you enter a contest? just remember you LOSE to, what did you actually think helped us last night? do you think we stand a better chance to win a SB with Love in the next 10 years then we do with Rodgers in the next 2 or 3 ? well good luck with that.

because the GM's of both Favre and Rodgers neglected to make sure these QB's had quality receivers ( instead of one good one at a time) we have 2 SB wins under two highly rated HOF QB's in the last 28 years, so excuse me for not being impressed, my god some of you people remind me of the passive fans of the 70's and 80's the way you forgive Guty taking Gary last year and love this year, always drafting for tomorrow sounds great, it's the developing part, the time it takes, that makes it hard to win it all, to win the SB Wolf went out and brought in receiver talent, it worked, Ted did the same for Rodgers, it worked, that seems like so long ago now, yet we blame Rodgers for the decline of the offense, now you know why I can't get on board with that type of thinking, it's so cart before the horse I can't grasp how you can.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
24 Apr 2020 07:33
do you think we stand a better chance to win a SB with Love in the next 10 years then we do with Rodgers in the next 2 or 3 ?
I don't. But, I do think we stand a better chance to win a SB with Love in the next 10 years then we do without Rodgers after the next 2 or 3.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yoop will be pissed.
I win the contest.
wow, was that your goal, did you enter a contest? just remember you LOSE to, what did you actually think helped us last night? do you think we stand a better chance to win a SB with Love in the next 10 years then we do with Rodgers in the next 2 or 3 ? well good luck with that.

because the GM's of both Favre and Rodgers neglected to make sure these QB's had quality receivers ( instead of one good one at a time) we have 2 SB wins under two highly rated HOF QB's in the last 28 years, so excuse me for not being impressed, my god some of you people remind me of the passive fans of the 70's and 80's the way you forgive Guty taking Gary last year and love this year, always drafting for tomorrow sounds great, it's the developing part, the time it takes, that makes it hard to win it all, to win the SB Wolf went out and brought in receiver talent, it worked, Ted did the same for Rodgers, it worked, that seems like so long ago now, yet we blame Rodgers for the decline of the offense, now you know why I can't get on board with that type of thinking, it's so cart before the horse I can't grasp how you can.
Have you read any of posts after this pick?

I am pissed about this pick yoop.

I still was right. You would be pissed. But I am pissed too.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
24 Apr 2020 09:31
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I win the contest.

I think [mention]Yoop[/mention] missed the joke.

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yoop will be pissed.
I win the contest.

He predicted you'd get pissed, and you did. He predicted correctly, in a thread about predictions.

:beer2:

I may need to hear more about how the Gary pick was bad, and how not providing AR with receiving talent is terrible once again. I didn't quite get your meaning the first 100 times you've posted the exact same things about it. I might adopt your opinion if you posted the same arguments 50 more times, naah, make it 1000 more times. Never mind counter-arguments, brute-force repetition will ultimately hammer The Truth of Gary Sucking and Not Spending More Resources on WRs Being a Mistake -religion into my thick skull! Looking forward to it, and not at all understanding how anyone would see humor is such a posting history. And this paragraph was all sarcasm.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
24 Apr 2020 09:34
go pak go wrote:
24 Apr 2020 09:31
Yoop wrote:

I think @Yoop missed the joke.
yes I did, and I apologize GPG, I should have picked up on the fact you new I'd be upset, it just seems to me there is almost zero urgency with Guty to win with Rodgers, his 12 slot pick last year and now this pick this year is deflating for me, I'am old, like Rodgers there just aren't as many tomorrows any more.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 09:56
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I win the contest.

He predicted you'd get pissed, and you did. He predicted correctly, in a thread about predictions.

I may need to hear more about how the Gary pick was bad, and how not providing AR with receiving talent is terrible once again. I didn't quite get your meaning the first 100 times you've posted the exact same things about it. I might adopt your opinion if you posted the same arguments 50 more times, naah, make it 1000 more times. Never mind counter-arguments, brute-force repetition will ultimately hammer The Truth of Gary Sucking and Not Spending More Resources on WRs Being a Mistake -religion into my thick skull! Looking forward to it, and not at all understanding how anyone would see humor is such a posting history. And this paragraph was all sarcasm.
I got the sarcastic slant, the reason it gets repeated is do to the lack of acceptance of reality you show, both the Gary and Love picks are luxury picks that wont help Rodgers or us win now, I'am beyond tired of always drafting towards something that will remain unatainable unless we provide Rodgers with more talent on offense.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
24 Apr 2020 10:13
salmar80 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I got the sarcastic slant, the reason it gets repeated is do to the lack of acceptance of reality you show, both the Gary and Love picks are luxury picks that wont help Rodgers or us win now, I'am beyond tired of always drafting towards something that will remain unatainable unless we provide Rodgers with more talent on offense.
I think my favorite yoop quote was when you said Gute and Thompson have given Rodgers crap for WR the past 6 or 7 seasons.

Yoop don't math well. :rotf:

2019 - 6 = 2013 season (Nelson, Cobb, Jones)
2019 - 7 = 2012 season (Jennings, Cobb, Jones, Nelson)
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
24 Apr 2020 10:40
Yoop wrote:
salmar80 wrote:

I think my favorite yoop quote was when you said Gute and Thompson have given Rodgers crap for WR the past 6 or 7 seasons.

OK 5 season, 4 seasons, whats the diff. it's obvious to anyone that has watched, the WR position is and has been void of talent.

right now the defense of the Love pick is that he had a new coaching staff and receivers of lower quality in 2019, and thats why he did so poorly, well what the diff. there to what Rodgers has had to deal with for at least 4 seasons, and I like to know are you laughing at me? I can't tell if your being sarcastic, which is what it sounds like.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
What the sarcasm is meant to convey is that you might get more desirable results by doing a bit differently.

More targeted strikes instead of carpet bombing, if you will.

I don't even think your points are bad. There's plenty of reasons to question the Gary pick, and to ask to provide AR with targets. We're just soooo tired of your repetitive arguments that we just can't take them seriously anymore.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
24 Apr 2020 10:48
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

OK 5 season, 4 seasons, whats the diff. it's obvious to anyone that has watched, the WR position is and has been void of talent.

right now the defense of the Love pick is that he had a new coaching staff and receivers of lower quality in 2019, and thats why he did so poorly, well what the diff. there to what Rodgers has had to deal with for at least 4 seasons, and I like to know are you laughing at me? I can't tell if your being sarcastic, which is what it sounds like.
5 seasons and 4 seasons are way different than 6 seasons or 7 seasons.

But sure. let's do 5 seasons and 4 seasons.

2019 - 5 = 2014 season (Nelson and Cobb both over 1,000 and turn into best NFL duo. We resign Cobb. Drafted Adams)
2019 - 4 seasons = 2015 season (Nelson, Cobb and Adams). You can't fault the GM for predicting Nelson would have an ACL on a non contact injury in preseason
2019 - 3 seasons = 2016 season (Nelson, Cobb and Adams). Even Allison emerges
2019 - 2 seasons = 2017 season (Nelson Cobb and Adams)

This whole narrative needs to stop. You are mad about two seasons and that is 2018 and 2019. And that is fine. You can do that. But stop with the 4 plus years crap. We didn't pick WRs then because we had WRs then.
Last edited by go pak go on 24 Apr 2020 10:56, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I am laughing at you. Your arguments of Rodgers not having any talent the last 4 - 8 seasons (the number grows the more emotional you are) is laughable and carpet bombed.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
24 Apr 2020 10:56
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I am laughing at you. Your arguments of Rodgers not having any talent the last 4 - 8 seasons (the number grows the more emotional you are) is laughable and carpet bombed.
why don't you go and ask people with some knowledge of this game since you think I don't know what I'am talking about whether Rodgers is at fault or is it the talent surrounding him, we'll see who gets laughed it, all you've done is show that you would rather blame the QB then the actual problem, course nothing new about that.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
24 Apr 2020 11:05
go pak go wrote:
24 Apr 2020 10:56
Yoop wrote:

why don't you go and ask people with some knowledge of this game since you think I don't know what I'am talking about whether Rodgers is at fault or is it the talent surrounding him, we'll see who gets laughed it, all you've done is show that you would rather blame the QB then the actual problem, course nothing new about that.
No I think it's both. I mean all offseason I wanted an ILB and a WR. Like I made that so clear. My top wish lists were all ILBs and WRs. Don't you think I had that thought for a reason? I am pissed because we had Queen on the board and we didn't take him.

Of coarse we need an upgrade at the WR position now. We have needed it since 2018 because selection we made didn't pan out (inluding Montgomery who is easily forgotten). Nobody on here is arguing that.

Rodgers also is clearly not the same quarterback he was prior to October 2017.

I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if Love is the better QB for us in 2022 for sure. Maybe even 2021. But I don't think this decision from a business standpoint makes any sense because we will lack the resources to build around the quarterback position.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Apr 2020 09:07
Bold prediction:
We do not draft a defensive players until round 4.
It gets bolder, not until round 5!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Apr 2020 02:29
Pckfn23 wrote:
Bold prediction:
Yup. 4th round is the ideal place for the Packers to draft an Olineman

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
24 Apr 2020 07:12
from the smile on McCarthy's face he had to be thinking, finally a GM that will get me a quality WR, with Ted I was forced to watch my HOF QB struggle year after year as our WR's declined with injury, and Ted kept shuffling through all these low floor boom/bust receivers, nice to be appreciated again.
yoop writing Mac/Jerruh slashfic while harping on our receivers :rotf:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

TheSkeptic wrote:
25 Apr 2020 02:50
Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Apr 2020 02:29
Pckfn23 wrote:
Bold prediction:
Yup. 4th round is the ideal place for the Packers to draft an Olineman
except right now we don't have a 4th.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

salmar80 wrote:
23 Apr 2020 13:03
Also, we will break 5000 posts on the new forum. Currently at 3555 - which is impressive. Thanks y'all for making the trip over, and making this The place to tlak some football. :aok:
DONE!!! :beer2:

We've had over 1600 posts in the two first days of the draft. :shock: 8-) And I think I've read them all. :messedup: :munch:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

3/7
paco wrote:
14 Apr 2020 11:02
anyone have any bold (or otherwise) predictions for the draft this year?

Packers draft 3 OL
Packers draft no more than 2 WR
Packers do not draft an off the ball LB or WR in the 1st round.
Packers will not draft a QB higher than round 3.
At least 1 crazy thing will happen in this draft related to technology or the running of the draft and cause controversy.
Goodell's basement will !@#$ me off.

I will not get any of the Packers draft picks correct in the contest.
RIP JustJeff