Rams @ Packers - NFCD Playoff GDT - 1/16 - 3:35 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

My goodness those two cornerbacks were dominant this year.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I'm just hoping we don't see a lot of Will Redmond in this game.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Veldheer tested positive and will not be available on Saturday...
I hope he didn't get close enough to anybody to trigger more positives
IT. IS. TIME

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BSA wrote:
13 Jan 2021 16:58
I would assume this is his initial test before joining the team?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Jan 2021 17:02
BSA wrote:
I would assume this is his initial test before joining the team?
Probably. They are saying Packers a free of high risk close contacts.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

paco wrote:
MOTHER-- :x
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Labrev wrote:
13 Jan 2021 17:16
paco wrote:
Its really not a huge deal. He was a nice to have. Hopefully good for the next game.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

paco wrote:
13 Jan 2021 17:22
Labrev wrote:
13 Jan 2021 17:16
paco wrote:
Its really not a huge deal. He was a nice to have. Hopefully good for the next game.
I think it's more about who he's been around. We could see a chain reaction here. I really hope not though.
RIP JustJeff

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Jan 2021 15:07
bud fox wrote:
13 Jan 2021 14:42
Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Jan 2021 09:15

Why the focus on this ONE game? I suspect that the only reason is because it fits the narrative.

Packers were the 8th best defense in the red zone all season. Oh, can't say that because it wouldn't fit the narrative.

The Packers allowed the exact same number of drives to enter the Red Zone as the Saints, 52. Oh, but again, can't say that because it doesn't fit the narrative.

:messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup:
Used it because our most recent game, saints most recent game, common opponent and both meaningful games.
So you cherry picked :aok: Tell us again how bad the defense is and how it will be our downfall... And how everyone else is terrible outside of Rodgers... And how the organization is doing Rodgers a disservice...

Our defense isn't perfect. Our offense isn't perfect. Our team isn't perfect. Rodgers isn't perfect. But GOD DAMN IT, this is one of the top 2 teams in the league, if not the best and one of the best squads we have seen in some time.
Not that it matters but duh bares ran the exact same gameplan against the saints they used on us. The saints benefitted from seeing everything duh bares tried to do against us and in fact duh bares even pulled in their O more. At the half they were happy to crawl into the lockerroom instead of taking a shot down the field. But the saints don't matter this week. We are playing the Rams who look every bit like an average Lovey Smith Bares team minus the great STs. We are going to get some turnovers and walk these guys.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

the Athletic on Aaron Donald:

Bone contusion and or muscle contusion, like when you really smash your shin bone- no cushion and it hurts like hell. but no fracture

"Dr. Mikhael said that process likely would include rest — the best way to heal such an injury — plus muscle relaxants, anti-inflammatory medication, warm packing and avoiding any exercise that exacerbates the pain. Numbing patches and localized anesthesia are also options, he said, and the usual recovery time is 10 to 12 days.

Dr.Mikhael also said that Donald probably would need to wear some sort of corset-like protector or vest, with local anesthetic and even a heat pad underneath to keep the contusion area from stiffening up."

Hard to imagine he'll be at his best
IT. IS. TIME

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
13 Jan 2021 15:36
What is everybody making on Saturday to celebrate the day?

Usually I will make a dish of the opposing team's city but because it's playoffs, we already played both NFC South teams, we are home and the Rams aren't really "LA" yet to me...I am going to make Brats, beans and curds.

Good ole fashioned Wisconsin cookout! :)

That I can't grill with because I still live in an apartment :( Price to pay for following the wife around the country while she is in residency programs.
Where are you living now and is your wife a doctor?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
14 Jan 2021 05:41
go pak go wrote:

Usually I will make a dish of the opposing team's city but because it's playoffs, we already played both NFC South teams, we are home and the Rams aren't really "LA" yet to me...I am going to make Brats, beans and curds.

That I can't grill with because I still live in an apartment :( Price to pay for following the wife around the country while she is in residency programs.
We are in Cincinnati until mid 2022. We honestly love it here. Love it way more than we thought we would.

Yeah my wife is a doctor. Not an MD but a dentist. She always wanted med school until she shadowed a doctor who told her it would be the biggest mistake for her to go into medicine because MD's don't have a life outside the hospital. If done right, dentists make more money and work way less with significantly less stress. The problem is most young bio majors now know this so dental school is very competitive. Especially when you're from a state, like South Dakota, that doesn't have a Dental school. We found out most state schools don't accept South Dakotans (but still gladly take our application money which is just super wrong). Fortunately she got accepted to the U of M (go Gophers!) and then got Matched with a Dental Pediatric Residency at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Cincy is an International Trauma Center so she sees a lot sh*t right now at all hours of the night. Super stressful for the time being but she is learning a lot. Tough as nails.

I'm super proud of her. It's super, super competitive and she just continues to smoke the competition. Also glad to have a woman in the field. Our hope is to move back to Sioux Falls once she is done. :)
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Weather update:

Rams may be lucking out. Looking like it will be pretty warm.

Game time temps in the low 30's. Wind at 10 to 15 mph. Cloudy skies.

Honestly as a fan, this game would be PERFECT weather.
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
14 Jan 2021 06:22
Pugger wrote:
go pak go wrote:

We are in Cincinnati until mid 2022. We honestly love it here. Love it way more than we thought we would.

Yeah my wife is a doctor. Not an MD but a dentist. She always wanted med school until she shadowed a doctor who told her it would be the biggest mistake for her to go into medicine because MD's don't have a life outside the hospital. If done right, dentists make more money and work way less with significantly less stress. The problem is most young bio majors now know this so dental school is very competitive. Especially when you're from a state, like South Dakota, that doesn't have a Dental school. We found out most state schools don't accept South Dakotans (but still gladly take our application money which is just super wrong). Fortunately she got accepted to the U of M (go Gophers!) and then got Matched with a Dental Pediatric Residency at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Cincy is an International Trauma Center so she sees a lot sh*t right now at all hours of the night. Super stressful for the time being but she is learning a lot. Tough as nails.

I'm super proud of her. It's super, super competitive and she just continues to smoke the competition. Also glad to have a woman in the field. Our hope is to move back to Sioux Falls once she is done. :)
Good for her! :) Does she follow the Packers or sports in general?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
14 Jan 2021 07:31
go pak go wrote:
14 Jan 2021 06:22
Pugger wrote:

Good for her! :) Does she follow the Packers or sports in general?
Hahaha. She HATES football. She hates it because I can't stop thinking about it and she has no interest in it.
Yoop wrote:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BSA wrote:
13 Jan 2021 23:09
the Athletic on Aaron Donald:

Bone contusion and or muscle contusion, like when you really smash your shin bone- no cushion and it hurts like hell. but no fracture

"Dr. Mikhael said that process likely would include rest — the best way to heal such an injury — plus muscle relaxants, anti-inflammatory medication, warm packing and avoiding any exercise that exacerbates the pain. Numbing patches and localized anesthesia are also options, he said, and the usual recovery time is 10 to 12 days.

Dr.Mikhael also said that Donald probably would need to wear some sort of corset-like protector or vest, with local anesthetic and even a heat pad underneath to keep the contusion area from stiffening up."

Hard to imagine he'll be at his best
In a high school practice we were in shorts one day (helmet/shoulderpads). The dirt ground was frozen because it was late Oct, and my knee hit hard. Bruised patella. I didn't miss any time, even in practice, but it hurt like a mother**** and wasn't better for a month.

If it is a bone bruise there isn't much that can be done. If it is muscular, elevating the injured body part helps a lot. And not just elevate a little bit, but as much as possible.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I'd like to see a good number of double teams early. Lots of punching and lots of hands to see how he holds up. Slide into more misdirection single-block type of stuff as needed and as the game goes.

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
14 Jan 2021 07:28
Weather update:

Rams may be lucking out. Looking like it will be pretty warm.

Game time temps in the low 30's. Wind at 10 to 15 mph. Cloudy skies.

Honestly as a fan, this game would be PERFECT weather.
Probably not quite the ideal weather for LA though. It's possible you may see Wolford still, and my guess he doesn't play in many low 30 temperature games. You're probably not cold right away, but when Aaron and Co are busy doing magic on the field , that bench might get awfully chilly.
RIP JustJeff